Trim and comfortable: Breast reduction from Plano surgeon
A pair of D-size breasts can weigh up to 23 pounds! Large breasts move around, causing discomfort during physical activities. Bra straps dig into shoulder flesh. Many heavy-breasted women suffer neck and back pain. Disproportionate breasts can give the appearance of being overweight. It may be difficult to find clothing that fits properly. Some women feel embarrassed or objectified by large breasts. Breast reduction from Noble Cosmetic Surgery – Patrick Obasi, M.D. reduces size and reshapes breasts beautifully for patients in Plano, Dallas, and Frisco.
Liposuction or surgery?
Liposuction involves loosening and suctioning excess fat from the breast and underarm area. This technique may be a good choice for the patient who has fatty breast tissue, and does not desire a large reduction in size. Post-menopausal women often choose this method.
Breast reduction surgery requires general anesthesia and sutures. However, it allows more flexibility in shaping breasts, including:
- Reduction in size – Dr. Obasi removes fat, fibrous tissue, glandular tissue, and excess skin.
- Reposition nipples – Correcting nipples that face downward.
- Resize aureoles – Reduce the circumference of pigmented skin around nipples.
- Lift breasts – Breast reduction surgery is commonly combined with breast lift for a perkier, more youthful silhouette.
Scars – a common concern
Dr. Obasi uses a suturing technique that leaves minimal scarring, which refines over time. The incision pattern he recommends is determined by breast size, droop, and nipple-auroles position.
- Micro-incisions, that close without sutures, for liposuction.
- Donut incision encircles auroles, disguised by pigmentation.
- Lollipop or keyhole incision goes around the auroles and down to the fold.
- Anchor pattern – three incisions. One around the auroles, another vertically to the fold, merging with a third that follows the crease.
Dr. Obasi’s goal is to provide you with lovely results that boost confidence and relieve discomfort. Call (214) 974-4411 to schedule a breast reduction consultation at our Plano cosmetic surgery center.