Enjoy the results of weight loss when complemented with circumferential body lift in Plano
Congratulations! You have taken big steps toward improving health and self-image by losing a significant amount of weight. However, it may have left you with sagging skin below the waistline. Dr. Patrick Obasi suggests circumferential body lift to help Plano area patients take full advantage of their weight loss efforts.
Many names – great results
This procedure is also known as belt lipectomy, circumferential abdominoplasty, and lower body lift. It focuses on a belt around the midsection. Areas usually addressed in circumferential body lift include:
First, excess fat and skin are removed. Facia (connective tissue) and muscles are tightened. Then, upper skin is pulled down and lower skin is pulled up. The surgery results in tighter body contours that look more youthful.
A circumferential body lift may be appropriate if you:
- Are at or near healthy body weight.
- Have lost a great deal of weight from bariatric surgery or dieting.
- Have more sagging skin than can be corrected with a tummy tuck, with or without liposuction.
- See loose tissue extending around the waist and lower body.
- Have only thin layers of fat remaining in the belt area.
- Experience restricted mobility, chafing, rash, or infection from overhanging skin.
- Are distressed by the appearance of lax skin on the lower body.
This is a major surgical procedure with a substantial recovery period. Dr. Obasi takes ample time to understand your concerns before recommending it. He explains the procedure, pain management, post-operative care requirements, and scarring, as well as realistic expectations for results.
However, this surgery is highly effective and most patients are thrilled with results. Belt lipectomy can dramatically improve body shape. With a healthy diet and exercise routine, results are long lasting. Call Noble Cosmetic Surgery, Patrick Obasi, M.D. at (214) 974-4411 to schedule a consultation.