Plano surgeon offers TUBA scar-less breast augmentation
Dr. Patrick Obasi is a Board-certified surgeon. He is one of just a few doctors in the Plano area with training and experience in trans-umbilical breast augmentation. With the innovative TUBA technique, only a small incision at the navel is required for fuller, more shapely breasts.
The TUBA procedure
Dr. Obasi has operating privileges at several area surgical centers, where the TUBA procedure is performed with IV sedation or under general anesthesia. The doctor makes a small incision at the bellybutton. Using special instruments, he accesses each breast, creating a pocket under skin and muscle. The self-sealing implant is inserted through this abdominal path, then filled with saline.
The procedure takes less than an hour, and you may go home within a few hours. Movement is restricted for two days; then you may resume light activity. Many women return to work after a week, and the overall healing period is generally two weeks.
- No obvious scarring, and no scars near the breasts.
- Breasts look natural, more quickly.
- Negligible chance of losing sensitivity in the nipples.
- Reduced bleeding.
- Less post-operative discomfort.
- You may shower, and resume most normal activities within two days.
- Does not require a special bra during recovery.
- Very low risk of capsule contracture.
Who is a good candidate for TUBA?
TUBA may be ideal if you:
- Have not had previous breast implants.
- Have realistic expectations for size (especially important for very thin patients).
- Do not smoke, or are willing to stop smoking for at least two weeks before and after surgery.
- Do not have un-stabilized high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart problems.
Beautiful results can be achieved with TUBA, but the training and experience of the surgeon are critical to avoid asymmetry or surgical complications. To learn more about Dr. Obasi’s TUBA qualifications, schedule a consultation at Noble Cosmetic Surgery in Plano – (214) 974-4411.