Who doesn’t want to put their best face forward? While there are plenty of nonsurgical treatments to pick from these days, a traditional facelift procedure or tuck are still long-lasting solutions for a younger, fresher-looking face. Dr. Patrick Obasi of Noble Cosmetic Surgery helps men and women in Plano, Texas, achieve the perfect facelift or tuck, so you’re confident and radiant in your own skin ― no matter your age.
Facelift or Tuck Q & A
A facelift procedure or tuck is exactly what it sounds like: the skin is surgically lifted, so you have the appearance of a more taut and firm face and neck region. The facelift used to be a more simple procedure, and patients could only expect results to last about a year. Advances in cosmetic surgery and technology, however, have made it possible for you and Dr. Obasi to customize the perfect lift or tuck for your skin, your face shape, and your lifestyle. These newer methods provide deep tissue support and more durable results. Since there’s no one-size-fits-all face-lift solution, Dr. Obasi may use one or more techniques to achieve the results you desire:
- Mini facelift. Also known as a “short scar” lift, incisions are hidden in the hairline behind the ears.
- Mid facelift. Addresses the area from cheekbones to jowls, with most incisions inside the mouth for minimal scarring.
- Full facelift. A mini or mid-facelift, with additional attention to sagging and excess skin on the neck.
- MACS. Another short-scar technique with low risk of complications and a shorter recovery period.
When you opt for a facelift procedure, you can expect to achieve specific results, including:
- Tighter skin on the face and neck
- Improved appearance of deep wrinkles
- Increased plumpness and volume in the face
What Dr. Obasi does during the actual procedure may vary, depending on what your goals are. A typical facelift procedure will start with anesthesia preparation, after which he makes an incision, usually along the hairline, starting at your temple and ending at your lower scalp. If you have extra skin under the chin or on your neck, Dr. Obasi might also make an incision there. Mini-lifts may only require small incisions, while a neck lift usually requires a larger one. After the incision, Dr. Obasi repositions and sculpts the underlying fat and muscle of your face and neck, pulls and redrapes the skin over your face, and cuts excess skin away. When this is done, he closes the incisions with stitches or adhesive.
If you don/t want to go under the knife, Dr. Obasi offers many non-surgical facelift or tuck procedures, including:
- Injectable neuromodulators (like Botox and Dysport)
- Dermal fillers
- Chemical peels
- Laser resurfacing
- Platelet rich plasma therapy
- Kybella (a treatment that eliminates double chin)
These minimally invasive facial procedures may be used to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, lift sagging skin, or improve the skin’s texture and tone. Book an appointment with Dr. Obasi today: schedule your appointment online or call the office.