Vaginal rejuvenation is becoming more popular and a highly requested treatment for women at Noble Cosmetic Surgery. We are pleased to offer surgical and non-surgical solutions for patients to consider at our facility in Plano, Texas.
What surgical options are available for vaginal rejuvenation?
At Noble Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Patrick Obasi & Dr. Ruth Olumba offer a wide range of surgical & non surgical procedures to improve the look, function & feel of the vagina & vulva. In addition to improving aesthetics, these procedures can improve sexual intimacy and well being.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: Vaginal rejuvenation is an umbrella term that encompasses cosmetic procedures which address the female genitalia. These procedures include nonsurgical procedures such as:
- Dermal fillers to augment the labia and pleasure spots
- Neurotoxin (Botulinum toxin) to reduce spasms that contribute to painful intercourse
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy: to promote tissue repair
- Lasers & radiofrequency energy to improve the elasticity and strength of vaginal tissue
- Surgical procedures to address the tone or appearance of the vagina, vulva & mons pubis
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a procedure that tightens the vagina by repairing and/or removing excess vaginal tissue that resulted from aging or vaginal childbirth. Repairing this tissue can improve sexual pleasure and wellness.
- Labiaplasty: Labiaplasty is a procedure that reshapes and reduces the length of the labia minora. The most common reasons why women opt for this procedure include due to pain & irritation from the length of their labia. This can result in twisting or tugging during intercourse or activities such as riding a bike or even just walking. Other reasons may include self consciousness about the length and/or unevenness of the labia that results in sexual aversion.
- Perineoplasty: Perineoplasty is a procedure that reconstructs the perineum or tissue between the vagina and anus. During childbirth this tissue often tears and less commonly is cut. Sometimes, the immediate repair and subsequent healing process leaves a suboptimal appearance. Perineoplasty restores an aesthetically pleasing appearance to that area.
- Clitoral hood reduction: The clitoral hood is tissue that protects the clitoris which contains over 15,000 nerve endings from constant stimulation. Sometimes women have excess clitoral hood tissue that results in decreased sexual stimulation, sexual discomfort and/or increased risk of yeast infections. The clitoral hood reduction, also known as the hoodectomy or clitoral unhooding, reduces this excess tissue. This can be done in isolation but is usually coupled with a labiaplasty.
- Monsplasty: Monsplasty is a procedure designed to reduce bulging caused by excess fatty tissue or skin of the mons pubis-the upper part of the hair-bearing part of the vulva. The bulge can make women feel embarrassed when wearing a bathing suit or tight pants. This procedure is typically done by liposuction to the area, but if the bulge is due to excess skin, then skin removal surgery to the area is needed.
Is there a non-surgical option?
For patients without significant laxity of the vagina but who would like a tightened vaginal cavity, the non-surgical option of vaginal rejuvenation has proven beneficial. At Noble Cosmetic Surgery, this vaginal treatment is referred to as “rejuVAnate”.
Vaginal “rejuVAnate” is a non-surgical, CO2 laser treatment procedure done using the Phoenix laser device by Rohrer Aesthetics. Using heat to stimulate collagen and cell production, this safe and minimally invasive procedure can help alleviate symptoms like painful intercourse due to vaginal atrophy, which may include irritation, dryness, and itching. RejuVAnate Co2 laser treatments can also help with recurring infections and mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence.
Want to learn more about the options for vaginal rejuvenation?
Call Dr. Ruth Olumba today to learn more about your options for vaginal rejuvenation in our state-of-the-art office.
Noble Cosmetic Surgery has two convenient office locations in Texas and can be reached at 214 - 617-1672 (Plano) or 214 - 617-1682 (Desoto) to request an appointment. We look forward to working with you!