Low risk/high patient satisfaction: Submental liposuction for Plano, Dallas, and Frisco
“Triangle of youth” describes the face shape our culture finds desirable – wider at the cheeks, with a narrowed chin. As we age, fatty deposits, lax skin, and sagging tissues cause the face to look square. A double chin develops, and the jawline loses distinction. This can happen at virtually any age, due to genetics and weight fluctuations. Submental liposuction is popular at Noble Cosmetic Surgery – Patrick Obasi M.D. in Plano, to restore a youthful profile with little risk of complications.
Submental liposuction removes fat from beneath the chin, slimming and sculpting the jaw and neck. It is performed on site at the Noble Cosmetic Surgery center, a sterile operating room environment.
- The procedure requires local anesthetic only, with IV sedation as an option.
- Dr. Obasi makes a small incision in the crease under the chin.
- Several other precisely-planned incisions may also be needed, depending on the patient’s goals.
- The area is infiltrated with a tumescent solution.
- Using specially-designed small cannulas, fat is loosened and suctioned off.
- Surgery typically takes an hour or less.
- Usually, sutures are not necessary. Incisions close quickly on their own.
- A compression garment should be worn for the first week after surgery to reduce swelling.
- Expect some bruising, but most patients return to normal activities within two weeks.
A Noble distinction
Irregular skin appearance (divots or ripples) is the most common complication. with a wealth of specialized training and experience in liposuction. Dr. Obasi uses fine-tipped instruments and a cross-hatch technique to ensure smooth, pleasing results. The adult body does not produce new fat cells. Fat that is removed is gone for good, so results are long lasting.
To learn more about submental liposuction, schedule a consultation with Dr. Obasi in Plano. The number is (214) 974-4411.