As time passes, your body starts to lose collagen. A decrease in collagen causes skin laxity and loss of volume. Your skin becomes thinner, loses its elasticity, and starts to sag. Dermal fillers may be a solution if you’re wanting a non-surgical way to restore volume to your skin, plump lips or cheeks, or smooth wrinkles and creases in your face. Dr. Patrick Obasi and Dr. Ruth Olumba at Noble Cosmetic Surgery can take your skin to a new level of radiance. Serving patients in Plano, Texas, and beyond, their staff specialize in safe and effective cosmetic filler treatments that will give you glowing, supple skin, regardless of your age. Call the team at Noble Cosmetic Surgery to book a consultation or click the “request an appointment” tab above.
Dermal Fillers Q & A
These products add volume to fill hollows, reduce wrinkles and plump lips, and lift facial features. There are four types:
- Hyaluronic acid: Brand names like Juvéderm and Restylane add immediate volume and plumpness
- Poly-L-lactic acid: Stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen for firmer, smoother skin over several treatments
- CaHA microspheres: These tiny “beads” of biocompatible calcium help to transform dull and aging skin
- PMMA: A collagen-based filler that improves the look of mouth-to-chin wrinkles and depressed acne scars
Depending on the type of filler used and the location, results last several months up to a few years! Another great thing is that results from injectable filler treatments are seen immediately. Practicing good skincare habits along with a healthy lifestyle and diet can help maintain the results of dermal fillers. Drs. Obasi and Olumba can advise on how to properly care for your skin after a filler or injection treatment.
Any cosmetic procedure has risks, but most fillers are safe and effective when administered correctly. While Dr. Obasi and Dr. Olumba are experts in this practice, you might experience complications after a filler procedure, which could include:
- Skin eruptions or acne
- Scarring or damage to the skin at the injection site
- Rash or irritation
- Bruising or bleeding
- Facial swelling
Be sure to express your concerns with Dr. Obasi, Dr. Olumba, or their team during your initial consultation. They’ll be happy to recommend a treatment plan that includes the best fillers for your skin type and goals.