As time passes, skin loses elasticity, volume, and firmness. If you’re ready to say goodbye to wrinkles and fine lines, Dr. Patrick Obasi at Noble Cosmetic Surgery can take your skin to a new level of radiance. Serving patients in Plano, Texas, Dr. Obasi and his staff specialize in safe and effective filler cosmetic procedures that give you glowing, supple skin, regardless of your age. Call Dr. Obasi or click to book a consultation.
Fillers Q & A
There are two categories of fillers that Dr. Obasi might use on your skin:
Each time you squint, frown, or purse your lips, underlying muscles pull skin into folds. Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are formulations of purified protein called neuromodulators. They’re injected at precise points just beneath the skin to interrupt muscle contractions, allowing wrinkles to soften. Neuromodulators are ideal for “elevens” between the eyes, horizontal forehead furrows, crow’s feet, and smoker’s lip lines.
These products add volume to fill hollows, reduce wrinkles, plump lips, and lift facial features. There are four types:
- Hyaluronic acid: Brand names like Juvéderm and Restylane add immediate volume and plumpness
- Poly-L-lactic acid: Stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen for firmer, smoother skin over the course of several treatments
- CaHA microspheres: These tiny “beads” of biocompatible calcium help to transform dull and aging skin
- PMMA: A collagen-based filler that improves the look of mouth-to-chin wrinkles and depressed acne scars
Results from a filler treatment usually last several months to a few years, depending on the type of procedure you get. The good news is that results are usually apparent immediately. You can maintain your results by practicing good skincare habits and a healthy diet. Dr. Obasi lets you know how to care for your skin properly after a filler or injection appointment.
Any cosmetic procedure comes with risks, but most fillers are safe and effective when administered correctly. While Dr. Obasi is an expert in this practice, you might experience complications after a filler procedure, which could include:
- Skin eruptions or acne
- Scarring or damage to the skin at the injection site
- Rash or irritation
- Bruising or bleeding
- Facial swelling
Be sure to express any concerns you have with Dr. Obasi during your initial consultation. He’ll be happy to recommend a treatment plan that includes the best fillers for your skin type and goals.