When it comes to breast enhancement surgery, wouldn’t you want the safest and fastest procedure possible? Of course, you do, which is why women in Plano, Texas, opt for the TUBA procedure with Dr. Patrick Obasi. As an experienced surgeon in Trans-Umbilical Breast Augmentation, Dr. Obasi and his team at Noble Cosmetic Surgery can help you achieve fuller, more shapely breasts with this innovative technique that’s less invasive than traditional augmentation surgery.
TUBA Q & A
The Trans-Umbilical Breast Augmentation or TUBA procedure is a Breast Augmentation technique where Dr. Obasi inserts implants through the navel or belly button area and inflates them to your desired shape and size.
The procedure is performed with IV sedation or under general anesthesia and usually takes less than an hour.
First, Dr. Obasi makes a small incision at the belly button. He uses special instruments to access the breast area under your skin, creating a pocket for each side of your chest. He then inserts the implant through your abdominal path, fills the implant with saline, and positions them to create the right shape.
The TUBA procedure has become popular because it’s less invasive and faster than traditional Breast Augmentation surgery.
You can go home within a few hours of the operation and resume light movement after about two days. Patients often return to work or normal activities within a week, and the overall healing period is usually about two weeks.
Other advantages of the TUBA procedure include:
- No noticeable scarring and scars near the breasts
- Breasts look natural more quickly
- Reduced risk of losing sensitivity in the nipples
- Reduced bleeding
- Less postoperative discomfort
- Doesn’t require a special bra during recovery
- Very low risk of internal scarring
Every woman has different needs, and Dr. Obasi will be happy to discuss what type of augmentation is suits you. TUBA may be ideal if:
- You have not had previous breast implants
- You have realistic expectations for size
- You don’t smoke or are willing to stop smoking for two weeks
- You don’t have unstabilized high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart problems
You can achieve beautiful results with TUBA, and Dr. Obasi has the specific training and experience needed to avoid asymmetry or surgical complications. Request a consultation about the TUBA procedure by phone or online.