A round, firm buttocks area makes you look fit and healthy, but no matter how much you run or lift weights at the gym, your genetics may never allow you to have the perky, toned backside that you want. Fortunately, with a Brazilian butt lift procedure, you can get the volume and lift you are seeking, even if your genes are working against you. Here, Dr. Patrick Obasi from Noble Cosmetic Surgery in Plano, TX describes what a Brazilian butt lift is and who is a good candidate for the procedure.
What is a Brazilian butt lift?
The goal of a Brazilian butt lift is to add volume and perkiness to your buttocks so that you have a curvy, voluptuous figure. This is achieved by harvesting fat from a different location in your body – typically the abdomen – and then placing it in targeted areas in your buttocks to give it a round and curvaceous appearance.
A Brazilian butt lift is not as invasive as a traditional excisional butt lift, which involves removing both extra fat and skin to augment the appearance of the buttocks, back of the thighs, waist, and hips. A traditional butt lift typically results in larger scars and works much like a tummy tuck, using the removal of skin to tighten and trim the area. In contrast, for a Brazilian butt lift, small incisions are used to inject your own fat into precise areas to give you the volume and firmness you want.
The Brazilian butt lift is a popular cosmetic procedure due to its many benefits:
- Your own fat is used – instead of an unnatural filler, your own fat is harvested for the augmentation, which means that you are less likely to have an adverse reaction to the material used.
- Liposuction trims your abdominal area as part of the procedure – by harvesting the fat from your abdomen to use in your buttocks, your abdominal area will be thinner and shapelier after the procedure. A Brazilian butt lift is like two cosmetic enhancement procedures in one!
- Nearly invisible injection sites – in contrast to a traditional butt lift that can have large scars and long recovery times, the areas where fat is harvested from your abdomen and injected into your buttocks in a Brazilian butt lift require only small incisions about the size of a grain of rice.
New Patients : 214 - 617-1672
Existing Patients : 214-227-0668
New Patients : 214 - 617-1682
Existing Patients : 214-227-0668
Who is a good candidate for the procedure?
If your buttocks are flat or sagging, or if you’d simply like a boost in your backside, then a Brazilian butt lift may be a good choice for you! It is a great procedure for clients who:
- Are mentally and physically healthy
- Have enough fat in their abdomen or another location to harvest for the transfer to your buttocks
- Do not smoke, which can affect your body’s healing process
- Have realistic expectations about the results the procedure will achieve
- Have the right body shape to benefit from the butt lift procedure, which the doctor can go over with you
- Do not plan to lose weight after the surgery is completed, because this can affect your long-term results
- Do not have excess sagging skin in the buttocks area, which can necessitate an extra surgical procedure
- Are committed to maintaining their physical fitness and good eating habits after the procedure so they can preserve their great results
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Obasi
Dr. Patrick Obasi and the team at Noble Cosmetic Surgery are committed to improving the quality of life of their clients by maximizing their self-esteem and body confidence. Dr. Obasi provides compassionate, high-quality care and takes a personalized approach when working with patients to achieve their cosmetic goals. In a one-on-one consultation, Dr. Obasi will talk with you to learn more about the changes you want for your body, what your treatment preferences are, and the budget you are comfortable with. The buttocks can be contoured into a few different shapes, so Dr. Obasi will talk with you about your options to determine the shape you are seeking. He will conduct a thorough examination of the treatment areas you have discussed and then recommend one or more complementary treatment options that can help you get the body you have always wanted.
If you are in the Plano or Desoto areas and are interested in learning more about how a Brazilian butt lift can boost your backside, call Noble Cosmetic Surgery to schedule your consultation today! The office can be reached at 214 - 617-1672.